RINJ has urged women in areas of armed conflict to avoid pregnancy for a number of reasons including the extremely high infant and maternal mortality rate. Much more than half the women die under these circumstances. Almost the same number of babies die.
“Denying the reproductive rights of family partners is a violation of human rights,” says RINJ.
Most politicians and clergy are male and most don’t have the first clue about how a woman’s body works. Some of the anecdotal examples are beacons of ignorance. Why get into it.
Criminalizing Abortion Is Wrong-Minded Despite the Uninformed Edicts of Ancient Religions
The RINJ Foundation’s stand is that any form of induced abortion for the sake of birth control comprises the murder of a child. Perpetrators should face criminal charges for the cavalier taking of a child’s life. Governments must make contraceptives freely available.
Induced abortion for medical reasons is medical practice.
Unless you are the attending practitioner or the patient, you have no say.
‘Life begins at conception’ is an intellectually dishonest statement. Conception seldom yields a life.
Medical researchers know that on average, 78% of all conceptions fail to go further. Some regions of the globe are worse than others.
Arguing that life begins at conception in a medical context is disingenuous and is a waste of time. It is deceptive logic.
The biological facts are what medical practitioners must rely on.
75% Of fertilized eggs do not result in a full-term pregnancy.
22% of all conceptions never complete implantation
31% Of pregnancies with confirmed implantation end in miscarriage.
- Your life began at conception, but most conceptions don’t start a life.
- It is disingenuous to argue against this point because at the time of making triage decisions say for example on a rape case involving a ten-year-old girl, you only have data on your patient. She will likely die soon and there is only a minute chance there is a pregnancy resulting from conception. D&C if the procedure is validated for the patient. Don’t risk the child’s life on some disingenuous pretext that all conceptions produce life.
- Religions are bound to the supernatural. Modern medicine must deal with real humans in real crises.
That’s why it is not your call.
It’s a medical decision you are not capable of making. Induced abortion is a medical procedure. The patient and their attending medical practitioner make that call.
*Seventy five percent (75%) is what researchers, compiling a wide range of surveys and studies, estimate for the percentage of fertilized eggs that do not result in a full-term pregnancy, factoring in miscarriages but also failed implantation that usually pass without the mother ever missing a menstruation period.
You still there? Did you want to argue that life begins at conception?
Between the time an egg is fertilized to the time the egg implants solidly is what? Is there life? It’s possible, but not likely. Do you understand that? Wait a while. In a very short time you can talk to your baby and your baby is “listening”. Don’t even think about ending your baby’s life.
Next. 31% Of pregnancies with confirmed implantation end in miscarriage. Are you starting to get the idea that life is precious?
You are not going to be present when there are three simultaneous requests for Ventilator Support and only 1 free ventilator.
There is no feeling in E/R quite like that of pressing repeatedly on a badly damaged patient’s chest to try and maintain circulation. No sound like the hiss of the ventilator. No decision like, when to stop. You won’t be there either.
Discussing the medical procedures involved in a failed pregnancy requiring intervention is beyond your ability *unless you are the patient or the doctor in the case.
You don’t decide what happens inside her body. Leave that to her and her attending responsible physician.
Medical research lab studies on IVF patients have found that a very large percentage of eggs harbour chromosome abnormalities (the leading cause of miscarriage) and another study found that in natural cycles, about 22% of all conceptions never complete implantation.
Further studies on environmental impacts are needed but another factor in failed pregnancies exists and is more prominent in environmentally challenging regions of the world.
If a miscarriage does not take place naturally the patient could die. The medical decision and choice of intervention procedure and its timing is not your call.
A baby is a person and they need your protection.
It should suffice that it is a crime to bring harm to another person. A baby is a person and they need your protection. In other words, the laws that you need to protect the sanctity of life exist as globally common statutes. There are valid mitigation arguments for extenuating circumstances that make what is normally a crime, not a crime. Self-defence, the right to your life, is one.
Abortion vs Contraception
- The RINJ Foundation strongly urges women not to use abortion as a form of birth control. Concomitantly governments are urged to provide families with their inalienable reproductive rights and accessible contraceptives needed for family planning.
- At no time in their lives is killing children acceptable. Sometimes medical practitioners face serious life and death decisions related to pregnancies. Sometimes the decisions are not much different than triage. Who can we save? If you are a medical practitioner reading this you know how painfully hard these decisions can be and in many cases how absolutely clear the decision can become under certain circumstances. When baby’s life and mother’s life are in peril, decisions are taken. We must leave that decision to the moment they are needed by medical practitioners and their patients. Interference causes disastrous domino effects. Far too many at-risk women die as do their baby, because of a decision to avoid aborting, leaving the living children motherless, without care, to all die eventually as well. (Yes. That is absolutely true. We have been in many communities where that happened. Those tears never go away.)
- In providing health care to patients, abortion is a medical procedure that may at times need consideration. Please remember that every life is precious. Save those patients you can.
- Abortion is not just a moral persuasion but a medical issue. Safe abortion is not available in most of the world’s communities. Providing dilation and curettage for women who need this care must be given a greater priority in most countries.
- Notwithstanding the aforesaid, religion and medical science don’t seem to mix. At no time in the history of mankind have religions’ medical edicts been helpful in the advancement of medical science or the improvement of the human condition. Both Jesus and Mohammed were beacons of misogyny while their science did little except assure followers Earth was flat. With all due respect, their medical science opinions lack relevance and credence today.
The decision of a rape survivor immediately post trauma regarding a dilation and curettage is the right of the patient and her medical team and none of anyone else’s business.
- Despite obvious conflicts with spiritual leaders, reproductive rights belong to families who must have the unfettered ability to choose freely and responsibly if and when to have children.
- Close examination of mass deaths in the world suggests government’s are doing an awful job of protecting children and their families. It is completely disingenuous for violent men to be arguing that abortion is violence toward children. Notwithstanding that observation the RINJ Foundation suggests that an abuse of this or any medical procedure bringing harm to a person could constitute a crime. All life is precious. ‘Don’t use abortion as a method of birth control’, is our warning, worth repeating.
- Families must have easy access to valid and safe contraceptives as well as safe and validated health care for them and their children.
- The global maternal death rate at childbirth is horrifying. The same is true of infant mortality. Children born into severe poverty are not surviving. The alleviation of this problem lies partly in the global goals of human development. Family planning is one of the tools for poverty’s mitigation and elimination.
- Maintaining a Total Fertility Rate (TFR) of 2.1 is a valid goal for family planning educators. Earth has limits on what number of human occupants it can support. Approaching 9 billion world population the TFR must maintain somewhere around 2.1 barring any catastrophic events.
- Family planning and reproductive rights belong to each and every family. Governments must be asked to provide free of charge, safe, modern contraceptives.
Caring for children and their families is something the people of Earth need to relearn.
- USA Bombs Wombs Too
- No woman in sight as TRUMP signs “Attack on Reproductive Rights”
- RINJ Sets out Global Values on Reproductive Rights, Contraception and Family Planning.
- Video: Birth Control Urged for Women Near ISIS (French Version)
- RINJ Urges use of IUS
- Insertion of IUS device training
Suggested For You